Careers at VanillaSoft
Senior Web Application Developer - Gatineau/Ottawa, Canada
VanillaSoft is looking for entrepreneurial spirited individuals that enjoy making a difference as a key player within a small team.
We are seeking a .NET Developer capable of designing/building/maintaining our .NET web application. This high energy individual must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment.
The Web Application Developer is responsible for:
- Participating in the VanillaSoft web application Development process (design, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance).
- Developing quality code meeting quality standards.
- Preparing time estimates for design, development and unit testing as required.
- Preparing functional specifications in response to analyzed business requirements as required.
- Providing bug fixes for new and existing software.
- Perform research to investigate technologies as required for projects.
The candidate should have/be:
- English proficiency both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good problem solving skills but also not afraid to ask questions.
- 4+ years experience in ASP.NET (.NET Framework 2.0+, C# 3.0+).
- Good understanding of relational database design, specifically MS SQL server.
- Strong understanding of Client/Server application architectures.
- Experience with HTML 5 , CSS 3, Classic ASP, HTML 5 Bootstraps (Twitter Bootstrap).
- Mobile App development experience.
- Single-Page application development experience with Backbone.js.
- ASP.NET MVC 3 or 4, ASP.NET Web API.
To apply, please email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: "VanillaSoft.com: Web Developer".